ALL of the following documents MUST BE SUBMITTED AT REGISTRATION:
- Birth Certificate (for assistance in ordering go to www.Texas.gov and select Records)
- Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2018
- Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2018
- Proof of all up-to-date immunizations
- Student’s social security card
- Proof of Residency (current utility/landline telephone bill, current lease, or current mortgage statement)
- Copy of parent/guardian driver’s license
- Proof of income to determine eligibility (Pre-K ONLY)
Does My Child Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost Prekindergarten Program?
To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1st, 2018, live in the district, and must:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program); or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
- Children of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002 Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
What If My Child Does Not Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost Prekindergarten Program?
- Children who are four years old on or before September 1st, 2018, and do not qualify for the state-mandated Pre-K program, as described above, are eligible to apply for the tuition based Pre-K program.
- The amount for Pre-K tuition for non-qualifying students is $375 per month, 1687.50 a semester, or $3,375 a school year, depending on the payment option you choose.
Pre-Kindergarten instructional day is 8:00 a.m. – 3:35 p.m.
Please contact Thrall Elementary Office at 512-898-5293 with any questions. We look forward to meeting you and your student at registration on April 26.