Thrall Elementary will hold Prekindergarten and Kindergarten Registration, for the 2020 - 2021 school year, onWednesday, March 18, from 4:30 - 7:00 PM at the Elementary School.
Students currently enrolled in Thrall ISD’s Pre-K program do not need to attend registration at this time. Please watch theTISD website regarding registration for all returning students.
ALL of the following documents MUST BE SUBMITTED AT REGISTRATION:
1. Birth Certificate (for assistance in ordering go to www.Texas.gov and select Records)
a. Pre-K students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2020
b. Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2020
2. Proof of all up-to-date immunizations
3. Student’s social security card
4. Proof of Residency (current utility/landline telephone bill, current lease, or current mortgage statement)
5. Copy of parent/guardian driver’s license
6. Proof of income to determine eligibility (Pre-K ONLY)
Does My Child Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost Prekindergarten Program?
To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated Pre-K program, a child must be four years of age on or beforeSeptember 1st, 2020, live in the district, and must:
1. Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
2. Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program); or
3. Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
4. Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
5. Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving onactive duty; or
6. Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Servicesfollowing an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
7. Children of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:a. a peace officer under Section 3106.002 Government Code;b. a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; orc. an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
What If My Child Does Not Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost Prekindergarten Program?
1. Children who are four years old on or before September 1st, 2020, and do not qualify for the state-mandatedPre-K program, as described above, are eligible to apply for the tuition-based Pre-K program.
2. The amount for Pre-K tuition for non-qualifying students is $375 per month, 1687.50 a semester, or $3,375 aschool year, depending on the payment option you choose.
*Pre-K instructional day will be 8:00 – 3:35.
If you have any questions, please contact Thrall Elementary office at 512-898-5293, and we look forward to meeting you at registration.Thank You!