The vision of Thrall Independent School District is for every student to possess a work ethic, the knowledge and skills, and the opportunity through a College-Ready or Career/Technical Certification to pursue their post-secondary options.
The Mission of Thrall Independent School District is to ensure that every student will develop a work ethic along with the knowledge and skills to become a productive, contributing, and responsible citizen.
We Can, We Will, All Together!
Goal 1. Every student will achieve continuous improvement toward excellence in academic achievement.
- Create a culture of high expectations for behavior and learning leading toward exceptional student achievement.
- Ensure a guaranteed and viable curriculum for Thrall ISD.
- Develop/implement plans to increase performance in all core areas of state curriculum standards.
- Utilize assessments throughout the year in order to develop and implement individual improvement plans for students in need.
- Increase opportunities for career and technology courses and certifications.
Goal 2. The district will strengthen community partnership and increase parental involvement.
- Create additional educational and support opportunities for parents and community to become involved with the school.
- Create additional opportunities for parents and students to explore post-secondary readiness.
- Ensure the effective use of electronic communications used both internally and externally.
Goal 3. The district will recruit, train and retain highly qualified and motivated staff to promote a positive influence on all students.
- Recruit, train, & retain quality, motivated & positive faculty.
- Develop a team concept that has emphasis on community relations and promotes communication.
- Create an annual plan for Professional Development with a 5-year vision.
Goal 4. The district will maintain multi-year plans for continuous district improvement.
- Provide most current technology feasible for supporting student instruction
- Capital Improvement Plan as a guide to repair and maintain existing facilities to provide a safe, clean environment that is conducive to learning.
- Provide stable finances for growth including responsible use of funds, appropriate fund balance, and the pursuit of additional funding sources.
- Review, update, and implement to the extent feasible the multi-year emergency management plan.
- Maintain the District Improvement Plan and create a 5-year District Strategic Plan.
1. Thrall students are the primary focus of all decisions.
2. Thrall schools are safe places and have high expectations for learning.
3. All Thrall students receive a quality, technology-enhanced education.
4. Thrall ISD is guided by long-range plans that includes supporting student learning, teaching initiatives, and thorough communication between school faculty and parents/community.