This Spring has been successful as each of the following teams have been seeing action in the post-season:
- UIL Academics-
- Elementary is District Champion
- Middle School is District Champion
- High School is 3rd in District out of 12 schools
- UIL Band Solo and Ensemble competition/State-Individual competes at TMEA Conference
- Thrall Middle School introduces Jr. National Honor Society
- Tennis won District (Girl's Team) and District Runner-Up (Boy's Team)
- Advancing to Regional Competition
- Golf Team won District (Girl's Teams were 1st and 2nd)
- Advancing to Regional Tournament
- Golf Team Boy's (Individual Medalist) will compete at Regional
- Powerlifting Boy's Team competed at Regional
- Powerlifting Girl's Team competed at State
- FFA Horse Judging ranks high in State
- FCCLA attended the State Conference; Thrall's officer elected to represent Texas at Nationals
- Track Team (Girl's) won District and advanced to Area (Boy's Individuals advance to area as well)
- Softball Team currently ranks 8th at State, leading district!
Did You Know:
UIL Classifications changed for next year-2014/2015. The number cut-off to stay in 1A previously was 199 and that number moved up to 219 (9th-12th grade). This year, the UIL created a smaller 1A District with a limited number of schools and bumped most of the other schools up a classification. Thrall will be considered a 2A for the next 2-year cycle along with district competitors Thorndale and Granger. Essentially, our district competition doesn't change.
Transfer students accepted at Thrall must meet the Board approved transfer policy and has rigorous standards. Students wanting to transfer must be willing to contribute to be a Tiger. The district receives between $5000-$7000 for all students in state funding for the ADA depending on which programs they participate; this includes transfer students.
Tech Connect COOP is coming for 2014! Our students will be able to choose their degree plan under HB 5 and may decide to earn a certificate (some are Dual Credit) in Plumbing, Welding, Culinary Arts (currently at Thrall), Construction Trades, Auto Technician, Electrical, HVAC, and possibly Computer Programming through Texas State Technical College also known as TSTC.
We Can, We Will, All Together!
Superintendent of Schools, Thrall ISD