This Spring has been successful as each of the following teams have been seeing action in the post-season:
- UIL Academics- 3rd in District out of 12 schools
- UIL Band Solo and Ensemble competition
- Tennis won District (Girl's Team) and District Runner-Up (Boy's Team)
- Advancing to Regional Competition
- Golf Team won District (Girl's Teams were 1st and 2nd)
- Advancing to Regional Tournament
- Golf Team Boy's (Individual Medalist) will compete at Regional
- Powerlifting Boy's Team competed at Regional
- Powerlifting Girl's Team competed at State
- FCCLA attended the State Conference; Thrall's officer elected to represent Texas at Nationals
- Track Team (Girl's) won District and advanced to Area (Boy's advance to area as well)
- Softball Team currently ranked 8th at State, leading district
Did You Know:
UIL Classifications changed for this next year- 2014. The number cut-off to stay in 1A previously was 199 and that number moved up to 219. This year the UIL made a smaller 1A District with a limited number of schools and bumped most of the other schools up a classification. Thrall will be considered a 2A for the next 2-years along with district competitors Thorndale and Granger. Essentially, our competition doesn't change.
Transfer students coming to Thrall must meet the Board approved transfer policy and it is rigorous. Students wanting to transfer must be willing to contribute to be a future Tiger. The district receives between $5000-$7000 from state funding for the ADA depending on which programs they participate. Transfer students do generate revenue for Thrall ISD.
Tech Connect COOP is coming for 2014! Our students will be able to choose their degree plan under HB 5 and may decide to earn a certificate in Plumbing, Welding, Culinary Arts (currently at Thrall), Construction Trades, Auto Technician, Electrical, HVAC, and possibly Computer Programming through Texas State Technical College also known as TSTC.
We Can, We Will, All Together!
Superintendent of Schools, Thrall ISD